Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Everything finally coming together

Yeah!  I am finally getting this blog to look a little bit better.  I've really been busy making some jewelry, posting pictures, posting in forums, Twittering, Facebooking, My spacing etc. Amazing, I even got a little bit of housework and family time done in between.  Thursday is my non-volunteering day at the school so I hope to take some really nice pictures when and if the sun is out.

I Volunteer at a local school in a second grade class. I basically help the students with their seatwork if they need help.  It's amazing just how many kids start feeling sick whey they are about to start doing their seatwork.  Headaches, leg aches, stomach aches etc. are just some of the more common ailments that suddenly strike once the work begins. One question I get asked by at least 10 students every time I volunteer is:  How much longer before recess??? Interesting as to how seatwork can make kids ill immediately.

Yikes, I just remembered I've got to turn in my library book in tomorrow before I start getting late fees.  It's
 a pretty interesting book, though.  The book is about making jewelry out of  all kinds of left over material and then decorating your material beads with different mediums. Some of the necklaces illustrated in the book have some kind of  worry dolls and knick knacks hanging off of them.  One of the necklaces had small pieces of wood, ribbon, small bell, and other miscellaneous pieces. Pretty interesting.  Never thought about that! Some of the necklaces require that you use a sewing machine.

I don't sew eventhough I do have a sewing machine in my closet.  I think the very last time I took any kind of sewing was when I was in High School and took a Home Making Class.  I learned how to make a pillow and a skirt.  After unstitching and restitching the skirt about 3 times, I really began to dislike sewing. I think it was the elastic waist that was messing me up for some reason.  The good news is that I actually finished the skirt and got an "A" in the class. The bad news is that I never sewed again after that class.  Maybe, some day, I"ll try it again.  But for now, I'm not in a hurry to jump back into sewing unless something really captivates my interest.

Well, I have to go and check on a couple of things before I go to bed.  But for now, Goodnight!
:)

 

0 comments: